Wednesday 9 May 2012

WWE Sheamus talk bullies in Roanoke

WWE superstar Sheamus makes a different kind of entrance.  There was no theme music or pyro, just cheers from adoring middleschoolers at Stonewall Jackson.
He was there to talk about a very important topic.
He's here as part of the "Be a Star" program, which stands for show tolerance and respect.  Afterwards we talked to Sheamus backstage, where he told me he was bullied as a child in Ireland.
"I was a small chubby little kid.  I was very shy, very introverted, an easy target for bullies,” said Sheamus.
"The great white" shook hands with the kids and called a few up front for Q-and-A.  One girl trembled in meeting the superstar.
“I've been up since 5 o'clock this morning.  I left RAW last night about, I got to bed about half one this morning.  I'm just passionate about putting an end to bullying, about anti-bullying, I just like to talk to these kids,” sadi Sheamus.
His message is for them to handle bullying in a nonviolent way, to notify their teachers, so they can get involved.
"When I was a kid, it would end at half three when school was over, but now with Facebook, it never ends.  It's a constant battle.  It's always on 24-7,” said Sheamus.
It was a strong message that was very well received.

No comments:

Post a Comment